Anyone else get tired of browsing Pinterest and coming across so many versions of “Award-Winning Chili” and “Best Chili Ever”? Let me make it easy for you. Just make this one. I entered it in a chili competition, and it did not win. But want to know what? People really liked it. Really liked it.
Fall is the perfect time for a hearty bowl of protein and veggies. And beer. Yep, all of that is in here. Top with Fritos and cheese.
Not Award-Winning Chili
- 2 lbs. ground beef, browned
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced or pressed
- 1 large (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large (30 oz) can pinto beans
- 2 chipotles in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 can pumpkin purée
- 1 can/bottle (12 oz) beer
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbs kosher salt
Combine in large slow cooker and cook on Low for 8-10 hours.