This is from my sister Kristen who blogs at The Uncomplication Project. Great way to use a bunch of veggies!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 carrot (or a collection of baby carrots)
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth (I use a whole can)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 15 oz can stewed tomatoes with juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans chickpeas (or 1 can and about 2 cooked, chopped chicken breasts)
Chop zucchini, carrot, & onion. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add veggies and cook for about 5 minutes until tender but still firm. Stir in garlic, broth, tomatoes, chickpeas, & spices. Bring to a boil, cover & reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice or couscous.